Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Milestones

I haven't posted in so long! I've been very busy. First there was Richmond conference and then my parents were here for a week right after that. Now, I've just been trying to catch up on everything!


My kids have reached some new milestones in the last month or so. Little Miss Priss is sleeping all the way throught the night now. It took 4 bad nights of crying but now she sleeps like a perfect little girl. She's even happier during the day now, too, since she gets a whole night of unbroken sleep. I'm happier during the day now too! I was an emotional wreck when she was waking up every three hours. I feel like a new person now. She's also started clapping and it's so cute. She seems proud of it. I wrote it down in her baby book and then I looked at Mischievo's baby book and he did it exactly two years before her! He clapped on April 11, 2005 at 7 months old and she clapped on April 11, 2007 at 8 months old. I thought that was pretty cool.


Mischievo can pedal and steer his bike. My parents gave it to him for his 2nd birthday and he's finally figured it out. It's so exciting to see him growing up. He's not a baby anymore. He's such a big boy now. I think he's pretty much potty trained now, too. I figured he probably wouldn't be potty trained until he was three, since it seems like a lot of boys aren't trained until then. I had tried getting him to go on the potty a couple of months ago but it just turned into a big struggle and I wasn't going to force it. My pediatrician says when they're ready they'll pretty much train themselves and that sure seems like what he's done. He just all of the sudden wanted to go "pee" on the potty. The first week of it I couldn't get him to do #2 on the potty but last week he started doing that too. So, now he only wears a diaper at night. I guess I can return the box of diapers I bought for him at Costco now!


I'll have to figure out how to put some video clips on here. I have a video of Mischievo riding his bike and one of Little Miss Priss "dancing" to some music.


I'm so behind! I still haven't posted Little Miss Priss's eight month picture on here! So, here it is.


6 comments:

Raylori said...

Wow you are pretty good to be able to remember to right down things in the baby book.

The Chatty Housewife said...

Very cute!

ioi said...

Hey, at least you're still blogging! It's so easy to just give up when you get so busy that it's hard to find the time to even think about posting. I know the feeling about being behind in posting thieir pictures. PC is almost 10mo. now and I still have to post his 9mo video of him walking.
Anyway, welcome back! I missed your posts.

familymclean said...

Sleeping through the night must be amazing! I sure wish my babes and I could do that. I might be able to do the CIO method with Ethan, he is so much more independant, but that would mean Kaitlyn would be screaming too,,,,I guess it is just less sleep and more coffee for me for a while.

Mary said...

Thanks ioi! I wasn't so sure if anyone really missed me or not. I get kind of discouraged when I don't get very many comments. It's so exciting to check my e-mail and see who has left me a comment! Now that I have a blog I understand how important it is to leave comments on other peoples blogs, so I'm doing better about leaving others comments.

Anonymous said...

Very cute picture! I missed your posts too. Good job about writing things down. I'm really bad at it and am trying to do better, especially since i've started scrapbooking our little man's baby book. We were scraping w/ Lyd yesterday and she was working on a page for her book of Mischievio. So cute!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker