Monday, March 26, 2007

My first post

Well, I don't exactly know what I'm doing, but here I am. I thought it would be fun to keep everyone updated on what's happening in my life. I hope people will visit my blog and leave comments for me to read. I really enjoy reading everyone else's blogs. This will probably be a good way for me to stay up to date on taking pictures of my kids!

Today, my little girl, (I'll have to come up with a good name for her later) woke up with a fever. She was definitely not feeling very well. She wouldn't even smile at me. She's usually very happy when she wakes up in the morning. So, anyway I fed her breakfast and put her back down for a nap after I gave her some Motrin for her fever. I was going to start working out on Mondays, but since she was sick I called up my friend, Amy to tell her I wouldn't be working out with her today. She asked if I wanted her to take my little boy and I said that would be great. He was so excited when I told him he was going with Amy today. When she got her he went right out the door and said"Bye-bye, Mommy" with hardly a backward glance at me! Amy is much more fun than mommy.

So, now I had lots of peace and quiet to get the laundry started and take a nap. My little girl was fussy last night, so I woke up very tired this morning. That seems to be the story of my life, though. If it's not a fever keeping her awake, there's always something else. She is a terrible sleeper at night. She takes very good naps during the day, though, which is a relief. She took a very good nap this morning and didn't wake up until my little boy got back with Amy. Now, they're both taking a nap and I have a little time to get this blog started.

Well, that's a little example of the way my days usually go. Nothing too exciting. I'll try to take more pictures of the kids so I can put some recent pictures on here. The family picture was taken back in November, 2006. My little girl was 3 months and my boy 2 years.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, that's great that you've started a blog. I don't have one (yet) but have fun visiting every one else's and seeing current pic.s of their kids and things happening in life in general. I'm Chip's mom from Chatty's blog. Can't wait for the pictures!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Hi!! I am so happy you started a blog. I hope you keep it up because I would really like to get to know you better.

I like your family photo- your kids are adorable too.

Mary said...

Hey, Sarah, thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow, maybe, I'll work on getting some pictures on. I'm trying to figure out how everyone does all the cool effects and slideshows with their pictures. Can't wait to meet Chip one of these days!

Mary said...

Hi Chatty, thanks for stopping by. I'll try to keep it up as much as I can. I've been wanting to do this for a while but we had a very slow dial up connection and now we have DSL, so it will be a lot easier.

ioi said...

You did a great job on a first post! 'Sorry to hear your little girl woke up sick. It's aweful when the little ones aren't feeling well. At least they don't take as long as we do to recover. And I can totally understand where you're comeing from on the 'terrible sleeper' part! PC thinks that night time is really 'every-two-hour-snack-time'. We're working on changing that, but it's a really slow process. I should have done something about it months ago instead of waiting for him to be 8months. Anyway, Welcome to the blogging world! It's lots of fun, but it's also hard to keep posting with little people always needing something, so don't get discouraged! By the way, Happy Anniversary! You called about our Conference Accomodations the day before your anniversary, and I forgot to mention it!

ioi said...

Hi Mary,

When you get to uploading pictures, put one up of you as a kid if you don't mind. Preferrably younger than 14ish. I've added your blog to my blog links, and I have pop-up pictures that show up when you hover over the links. Or you could just e-mail a picture to me if you want. Thanks. ioi (Moments & Musings)

Mary said...

Hi ioi, I don't have any pictures of me as a kid on my computer. Maybe I could get my dad to send me one. How did you remember it was our Anniversary? Sounds like PC is even worse than Little Miss Priss! How do you do it? We've been working with Little Miss Priss, too, and I think we've finally got somewhere. I'm looking forward to seeing you and your family at conference.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker