Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Surprise Visit

So, on August 3, a Friday we went over to Aberdeen again to visit Steve and Kim. Mischievo got to ride in a combine on Friday night. On Saturday we didn't do too much but Mischievo got to sit in some more tractors. Here's a picture of him on a John Deere tractor wearing Clark's John Deere hat.

And here's Little Miss Priss with her Aunt Kim up in a big John Deere tractor.

On Sunday evening at 6:00 p.m. Aberdeen time, we left for my parents house down in Hemet, CA. That's southern California. It's about 13 hours from Aberdeen. We made it in 13 hours with two stops. We drove all night long and got to my parents house at 6:15 a.m. They had no idea we were coming! They thought we were in Aberdeen. When we got to their house the gate was shut of course and so my husband called and got my dad on the phone. My dad asked if we were on the road and my husband said "Kind of!" and then my husband said we were waiting for a gate to open and my dad's said "Oh really? Where?" and my husband said "We're sitting outside your gate!". My dad could hardly believe it! Here's Mischievo when we got there. He was still asleep

And Little Miss Priss was awake.

The weather was so nice at my parents. I was even cold at first! So, we had breakfast and then my dad went to work. My mom goes to swimming lessons with my sister, sister-in-law and their kids every morning so she said she would take Mischievo with her and he could swim. My husband and I stayed home to take a nap and so did Little Miss Priss. We were so exhausted. It felt so good to sleep. We probably slept a couple of hours but then I couldn't sleep very good anymore because it was so light and out. I was kind of excited, too, about being there.

Mischievo had so much fun playing outside at Nana's(that's what my mom wants to be called). Here's a picture of him riding around on a little battery powered motorcycle that she has.


Later that day my sister and sister-in-law came over and we all had a nice visit. I think everybody was at my parents house for supper, too. It was a very nice first day there. I'll have to do more posts for the rest of our visit.

1 comment:

ioi said...

What fun! I love surprises like that. It's so neat that you were able to pull it off!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker