Monday, May 7, 2007

New Kitten

This past weekend was very eventful. A lot of things got done at our house and we bought a kitten for Mischievo. He just loves it. He's always wanting to hold it. Here's a picture of it.

We haven't come up with a name for it, yet. I hope it lives a long time. I had a very sad experience with my last cat. I had to put the most beautiful Siamese cat to sleep a month before I had Mischievo. We're still not sure what happened, either a hawk or a racoon tore it up pretty good. It was very sad and I still miss that cat. I don't keep cats in the house because I'm allergic to them, so they have to live outside. We're kind of out in the country on an acre and a half, so we have wild animals out here. I'm trying not to get too attached to this kitten so I won't be so sad when it dies.

The other things that happened on Saturday were, we finally got our backyard landscaping done and we got the carpet installed on the stairs going down to our basement. I will be so glad when the grass starts growing and no more dirt is constantly tracked into the house. Right now there is grass seed and it should be pretty well grown in less than a month. We had a sprinkler system put in and on Saturday they got it all tilled and leveled and spread the grass seed.

Here's what the backyard used to look like.
This is what our backyard looks like now.













So, I'll have to post another picture of the backyard when we have nice green grass. I can't wait. Our backyard has been a mess for the last two years. We did an addition off the back of the house and when we dug out the foundation the dirt was just all over the backyard.
I'll have to do another post sometime about everything we've done to the house. We have changed the house a whole lot since my husband bought it over 5 years ago. I've got to round up some before pictures so I can post before and after pictures.

2 comments:

familymclean said...

Sorry bout your old kitty, hope the new one is around for a long time. Your yard looks awesome, we are in the middle of doing the same thing, but I think we'll sod.(it is a much smaller space and we are impatient)Looking forword to your reno pics:)

HotRodHanna said...

New kitty is very cute! He looks like a latte.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker