Monday, September 17, 2007

Mischievo's 3!

My little boy is three years old! He turned three on September 7. I can't believe how fast time has gone by since he was born. He is so much fun right now. He's starting to talk so much clearer. He loves to play with his little sister. He likes to say how big he is, especially compared to his little sister.

For his birthday I made him a Thomas the Tank Engine cake. He really likes "choo choos". It took me all afternoon. By the time I was done I was wondering why in the world I think I have to do these cakes for my kids! Especially since my husband thinks I'm wasting my time, too. I didn't finish this cake untill 7:30 in the evening! I was so glad I had supper in the crockpot so it didn't take long to get supper on. Then, my husband's parents got here and we ate the cake. So, it probably was about an hour after I finished it. So, anyway, here it is.



Here's Mischievo blowing out the candle on his cake

And here he is opening one of his presents.

I think he got way too spoiled! He got a garbage truck that actually lifts the garbage can up and dumps it like a real one and makes a bunch of different noises. He got a big huge Tonka dump truck. He got a remote control Cadillac Escalade. And, to top it all off he got a battery operated Ford F-150 pickup! I wish we had taken more pictures. We just aren't very good at taking pictures. I'll have to take some pictures of his other presents later. Little Miss Priss loves to ride in the Tonka dump truck. It's so cute. I think we took more videos on the video camera than on the digital camera. It's hard to know which one to use sometimes.

So, anyway, that was Mischievo's birthday. Now I'm pretty much up to date, I think! We had our Sunday School Picnic on Saturday, but I was a dummy and didn't take our camera. Mischievo had a lot of fun, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cake is really cute! Most of my kids are older now and don't get cute cakes anymore, but they really loved their own special cakes! (They prefer "make-your-own-sundaes now...and I'm okay with that, too!!) In later years your kids will look back at pictures and realize that mommy took extra time out from everyday labors of love, and made something especially for them. Anything that makes your little ones feel special can't be a waste of time :) Besides, we moms need to have FUN projects from time to time, right?!

familymclean said...

Awesome cake!!!!! Love it! And totally understand the husband part too, it is so time consuming, then it's gone!

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker